Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic (“IHBC”). We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. This policy describes how IHBC collects, uses, shares, and secures information on our website. Although you should read through the entire policy for complete information, the following provides a summary of some of the most important aspects of our privacy practices:
- We use your personal information to provide you with products, services, and information.
- We may share your personal information with third parties in some situations, such as in processing registration and payment, facilitating the purchase of merchandise, and administering our website.
- We take reasonable and appropriate measures to secure your personal information, but we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
INFORMATION IHBC GATHERS AND TRACKS
IHBC collects both personal and non-personal information from you.
HOW IHBC COLLECTS INFORMATION
- “Personal information” refers to information that personally identifies you, or can reasonably be linked to you by us. Personal information can either be “sensitive” or “non-sensitive.”
- “Non-personal information” refers to information that does not specifically identify you.
- By asking. We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For example, when you register for one of our events, we may ask for your name, home address, email address, and phone number. In addition, to enter your billing information, such as your credit or debit card number, you will be directed to a payment processing site operated by a third party. This information is used to process payment for the charges associated with the event registration. In addition, event registrants are added to a mailing list and may periodically receive emails related to our events.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is an electronic file on a Web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our website. You can generally avoid web beacons in the email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the test portion of your email.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. As you enter our website, we capture and retain the IP address of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device.
- IHBC uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance your experience on our website, provide you with information about our events, and contact you if necessary.
- When you create an account as part of the event registration process, you will provide personal information, such as your username and email address. By creating an account on the website and providing such information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore you may not be anonymous.
- As discussed above, when you register for one of our events, you will provide contact information, such as your address, and you will be directed to a third party site to enter your payment information, including credit or debit card information. This information is used to process payment and register you for the event.
- From time to time, we may post the results of our various events to the website, including the names of users and photographs of users taken at events. By registering for the events, you consent to the collection and display of this information by IHBC.
- As discussed above, we may use your contact information to send you information about our events and services. You may unsubscribe from these messages through the opt out options in emails we may send you. Please note that if you choose to opt out, we will still send you email relating to specific products or services that you purchase, or email that we believe is pertinent to any communication that you have sent to us, any information you have provided to us, or any relationship that you may have with us. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list.
- The website automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the website so that we can analyze and improve them.
- Under no circumstances does IHBC sell any information about an individual user to a third party.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of IHBC, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted By Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Blogs, Online Postings, and Testimonials. We may decide to allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials, or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Business Transition. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transition in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transition.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
YOUR ACCOUNT SECURITY
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep information secure and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
You may also take steps to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, personal information or otherwise.
PRIVACY NOTICE CHANGES
We may amend this privacy notice from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the privacy notice in effect at the time such information is used. If we make changes in the way we collect or use information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the website or by sending you an email prior to the changes becoming effective. You are bound by any changes to the privacy notice when you use the website after such changes have been first posted. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy policies.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy notice please contact us at:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: (970) 259.4621
Mailing address: PO Box 1389, Durango, CO 81302
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 3/13/2013